Problems changing wifi

Its been a while since I used my heatermeter. I have since moved house and changed routers (new WIFI SSID).

My old SD card obviously doesn't connect. I tried modifying the config file but couldn't get it to work.

So I've flashed a second micro SD from scratch, which does connect.

I then copied the config file from the new working micro SD, to my old microSD, removing the # before the WIFI settings (as below).

It still doesn't connect, but when I read the config file all the # are back? Which presumably means it should have acknowledged the new WIFI settings?

##
## wifi configuration
##
# SSID (network name) -- Case-sensitive!
wifi_ssid='xxxx'
# Password for encryption -- Case-sensitive!
wifi_password='xxxx'
# Encryption mode psk2 (WPA2-PSK default), psk, wep, none
wifi_encryption=psk2
# Mode ap (Acess Point) or sta (Client mode, default). Must be lowercase!
wifi_mode=sta
# wifi channel, only used in AP mode
wifi_channel=6
# wifi band 5 GHz (5) or 2.4 GHz (2), only required in AP mode
wifi_band=2

I've accidentally reset config so many times scrolling through the screen with the buttons on the device....... That I just use it in access point mode now. It's ridiculous to have that reset config that easily happen. The buttons sometime trigger when they should not when you're scrolling through the menu.... Then, my router gets reset about once every 6 months as well which is also a PITA. I really don't need to operate over Wi-Fi often.

I've accidentally reset config so many times scrolling through the screen with the buttons on the device....... That I just use it in access point mode now. It's ridiculous to have that reset config that easily happen. The buttons sometime trigger when they should not when you're scrolling through the menu.... Then, my router gets reset about once every 6 months as well which is also a PITA. I really don't need to operate over Wi-Fi often.
I know what you mean that the buttons sometimes trigger other buttons, but you shouldn't have to scroll that far. You can just hit the Lid Open button to get back to the main screen.

Back