Printing specific posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul G.

TVWBB Emerald Member
As we all know, some of our threads get pretty long. I wonder if there is a way to print a particular post on a thread without printing the entire thread. Example : Father Minion /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif had an interesting and long post on a receipe and instructions for cooking a fresh ham. I would like to print just that post from the thread.

Thanks, PRG

Hi Paul, You can use the PrtSc feature which copies the visible portion on your screen to the clipboard, then save that to MSPaint or another graphics program as a jpg, bmp or other then pring that file. Crude but it works. Hope that helps.

Bill on Grand Island

Or simply highlight the text of the post with your mouse, hit Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard, open a text document (or create a new one and open it), and then press Shift-Insert to paste the copied text into it.

I just highlight the text using my mouse, and then hit ctr+p to go to the print screen. I then choose "selection" in the "page range" portion of the print screen and click on the print button. This prints only the highlighted text.

Jeff

Thanks to everyone for the responses. As you may have guessed, I'm technologically challenged. I'll have to admit I only understood the response from Jim and Jeff. Jim's worked well but would only work with a single post on the thread. However, with only a little help from our office manager I was able to follow Jeff's suggestion and IT WORKED. I'm sooo proud of myself ! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks again, PRG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back