Prime Strips with Bearnaise

j biesinger

TVWBB Platinum Member
We were asked to cook a meal for our friend's parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Here's a bunch of pics from the prep and meal.

pork rillettes made from local heritage pork belly and shoulder
IMG_1171.JPG

Lardons for the salad from homemade berkshire bacon
IMG_1175.JPG

Prime strip steaks
IMG_1179.JPG

Charcuterie and cheese board (homemade duck prosciutto, Iberico lomo, salami from a local chef)
IMG_1182.JPG

escargots
IMG_1187.JPG

steaks pre cooked to 127*
IMG_1188.JPG

frisee aux lardons with soft poached egg
IMG_1193.JPG

searing
IMG_1195.JPG

fat cap flare up
IMG_1197.JPG

steak frites with bearnaise
IMG_1200.JPG

notes:

the bearnaise was made with farm eggs (from the same gentleman that raised the heritage pig that went into the rillettes) and as a result, ended up an incredible shade of yellow. I made the sauce a few hours ahead of time and held it in a preheated thermos (as per K Kruger's instructions) and it remained warm and pourable at service.

note shown was onion soup made from stock that included pork trotters. This was the second time I threw trotters in a stock and they lend an amazing element to a stock unlike anything else.

High quality pictures!!!
High quality meal looks very upscale restaurant style. Nice job!!

We were asked to cook a meal for our friend's parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Here's a bunch of pics from the prep and meal.

pork rillettes made from local heritage pork belly and shoulder
IMG_1171.JPG

Lardons for the salad from homemade berkshire bacon
IMG_1175.JPG

Prime strip steaks
IMG_1179.JPG

Charcuterie and cheese board (homemade duck prosciutto, Iberico lomo, salami from a local chef)
IMG_1182.JPG

escargots
IMG_1187.JPG

steaks pre cooked to 127*
IMG_1188.JPG

frisee aux lardons with soft poached egg
IMG_1193.JPG

searing
IMG_1195.JPG

fat cap flare up
IMG_1197.JPG

steak frites with bearnaise
IMG_1200.JPG

notes:

the bearnaise was made with farm eggs (from the same gentleman that raised the heritage pig that went into the rillettes) and as a result, ended up an incredible shade of yellow. I made the sauce a few hours ahead of time and held it in a preheated thermos (as per K Kruger's instructions) and it remained warm and pourable at service.

note shown was onion soup made from stock that included pork trotters. This was the second time I threw trotters in a stock and they lend an amazing element to a stock unlike anything else.

Oh, does that look good. However, it exceeds my backyard/redneck cooking that I can pull off.

Great cooking lesson and an even greater lesson of shooting food.
Wonderful, Jeff!!! So here we all got a decent slap.
CAUTION! Views this post should be mandatory for all of us who are posting to the photo gallery section!!!
Thank you for sharing.

(Tell us right Jeff, for which food style magazine you work?;))

Last edited:
As usual, you are almost untouchable, sir!

Sauce Bernaise, that reminds me that my wife has a new contact that sells "imperfect eggs" from her production. They are too large to be sold in shops, and they all have two yolks. I might have to give them a try in the near future.

Back