Price on 22.5 WSM Dropping on Amazon

D. Logan

TVWBB Member
I noticed last week that the price on a 22.5 WSM was down to $385. Today it is down to $345.58. Anyone have any insight regarding the price drop?

Thanks!

~Don

Amazon prices on all big ticket items are always going up and down -- sometimes within a single day. It all depends on the vendors and suppliers.

Watch a number of specific items daily for a period of time (say two months) and most will change prices -- tvs, gps, grills, DVDs, etc.

Rich

But that hasn't been the case with the 22.5 WSM. It had stayed at a static $399 for a helluva long time. I'm not compaining, grant you, as I just ordered one at this new price.

I have been looking at this as well Logan. I would really like to pick one up, I just cant see spending $399 for one. The cheapest I saw one last year was $305.

I bought a WSM 22.5 on March 20th 2011 at Amazon for $399.00 with free shipping it took a week to get here by UPS. At $345.58 with free shipping that's a real deal IMO.

Well price today is back up to $375. Im sure they will drop further before the Memorial day holiday.

There was a huge thread on the Brethren forum about how to convince Lowes or HD to match the on line price from Sears - which was $315 for a 22.5. It appeared to include shipping but that price does not. Shipping added another $145.00.

So with all the people hitting Amazon but not buying, the crazy algorythms probably started the price dropping accross multiple vendors that supply Amazon.

The Sears price special ends on Saturday and seems like about 15 people (that posted) got the price match deal - I did!!
icon_biggrin.gif
and the number of hits is slowing down = price is increasing again on Amazon.

Today, I printed out the Sears ad for the 22.5" for $315.00. Lowe's store policy states that it will beat any competitors price by 10%. To make a long story short, I bought the 22.5" today for $283.50 + tax from Lowe's! Today is the last day for the Sear's sale so you still have a little time left! Hope this helps.

I went to Lowes and ordered a 22" today. They didn't give me the extra 10% off though. I happened to get one on Amazon on Friday, so I'll just ship the one I get from Lowes back to Amazon and will go back acting as though I should have gotten another 10% off. UPS says it'll cost about $25 to ship it back, but oh well, I'm saving a little money out of the deal.

I totally missed out on this sale and everything. I hope they dcome down in price because they are now back upto $390.00.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric G:
Whoa! Deal still going on! Got Lowes to price match got my 22.5 WSM for $283.50. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! Great deal!

I got Lowes to price match also, just this last Friday. Thanks to all that posted that nice information! My Lowes doesn't stock the WSM's so I had them order it. They told me they normally don't price match on special order items, but would, so I didn't go to Sears and buy one. So now, I am waiting as patiently as possible for it to come in!

Back