price of royal oak lump?

Jeff Davidson

TVWBB Super Fan
I just picked up a 10lb bag of royal oak for $6.50 at stew leonards in yonkers. Its a 3 store chain that has decent sea food and produce (good produce is very hard to find where I live in westchester) but is pretty expensive, so I`m guessing I overpayed.

What is everyone else paying for royal oak? We have a kmart, walmart and home depot in the area, so I`m thinking of checking those stores as well.

At WalMart, here north of Detroit, we are paying just over 5 bucks for a 10# bag. At Gordon Food Service for a 20# bag we're paying right around $9 bucks.

Are you guys talking about lump or briqs? The prices you're quoting are nearly double what I pay for briquets. Menards had them on sale a few weeks ago, $4.79 for a 20# bag.

JimT

I get Nature-Glo (which, according to the Naked Whiz, is the food service version of Royal Oak) for $8 and change, per 20-pound bag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimT:
Are you guys talking about lump or briqs? The prices you're quoting are nearly double what I pay for briquets. Menards had them on sale a few weeks ago, $4.79 for a 20# bag.

JimT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lump

Jeff -

I picked up two bags of royal oak at Stew Leonards in Norwalk about a month ago. Same price as you (2 for $12).

I've found a few stores in Danbury that sell some great lump, if you are interested... (wicked good, and brasiero)

I know it is a trek for you from Croton, though.

For what it is worth, Target in Stamford is selling the old Kingsford. 20 pound bags for around $6, I think. Picked up a bunch yesterday. They had at least 10 bags left on the shelf.

adam,

thanks...I don`t get to danbury or stamford at all. It seems like lump is just about twice the cost of charcoal. I guess, in the grand scheme of things, its not a big deal, but I`m going to keep an eye out for deals. I`ll let you know if I find anything interesting...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeff davidson:
adam,

thanks...I don`t get to danbury or stamford at all. It seems like lump is just about twice the cost of charcoal. I guess, in the grand scheme of things, its not a big deal, but I`m going to keep an eye out for deals. I`ll let you know if I find anything interesting... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>and keep our fingers crossed that the kamado people will actually ship that pallet out here...

Back