Pressa for tomorrow

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Emerald Member
Inspired from someone around here cooking crazy proteins for the week.
I also haven’t been grilling much lately so it’s on.
Flank for tonight, have some Serrano chili’s and some tomatillos for tequila marinade steak tacos and hopefully a fire roasted verde.
A nice pressa iberico at just under 1.5 pounds for tomorrow’s dinner….
Chicken breast and thighs with some lamb as well for weekday lunches…..
Try to get all the pics in this thread if I can.
It’s one of those mornings……mimosas to start us up…….

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 24
Try the Costco Prosecco. Either the regular or rosé. Inexpensive and excellent flavor. The make really good mimosas.

I’m watching to see your success here. Put on a good show, please.

Try the Costco Prosecco. Either the regular or rosé. Inexpensive and excellent flavor. The make really good mimosas.

I’m watching to see your success here. Put on a good show, please.
Costco up here has no alcohol , the gubment has the monopoly on alcohol and tax what they want….another 5% more in the spring.
It’s getting insane a 60oz of standard vodka, like bar rail vodka is now $70 and like I said to go up in a few months.
But….I will do my best on the protein, flank steak is a good fast cook…..basic tasty tacos tonight, not a big plate as it appears this is a drink light drinks day all day, got all our stuff done for the weekend and taking a day just for us…..lunch tomorrow is going to be a pizza with left over flank and the hot pepper…..I don’t like beef on pizza but for some reason this is to die for.
Then whip the chicken and lamb through the grill, thinking about doing a garlic and herb marinade and trying to crust it up over the fire…..with olive oil of course, aim for a medium to medium rare cook.
Not sure on the iberico yet, I don’t want to over power the meat flavour and I know you have been looking into it…..
I am open for suggestions on the pork. Looking for a medium cook on that about 130 then rest….maybe a tad less….the MRS gets anxious when I do pork like that.
More Prosecco coming up, we like less sweet and this one is rated at 9g per……….so drier than the last hopefully.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 3
This flank is going to be really good, the fat content is spectacular.
I will keep tonights pics going.
Marinade is olive oil, tequila, Worcestershire sauce and some water…….garlic and standard spices. 4 hour max on the marinade, it has a couple squeezed limes in there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 6
S&P on the iberico exposed in the fridge for a few hours. You want to savor the flavor.

No comment on govt. I don’t want to get banned 😂

I was thinking just like that……..
This iberico though, tastes good but I’m not sure if it authentic, like when you have wagyu beef but it’s from America or Australia or something and the taste is there but it’s not the super premium option from Japan. Speaking of which my beef butcher just advertised Japanese something or other 5 grade in stock……..$125 a pound I believe was the advertised price…..it’s tempting but probably going to skip that one.
Marinade is 4 hours max.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpeg
    IMG_0821.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 6
One of the better charcoal roasted verde style salsa we have made.
Tomatillos were added. It’s the offseason so canned is the call, not the best but it works pretty darn good.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0823.jpeg
    IMG_0823.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0824.jpeg
    IMG_0824.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0825.jpeg
    IMG_0825.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Got the lamb done first…..its just going to be used for lunch meats.

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 9
Pressa was pretty outstanding.
Cut across the grain, cooked to about 135 loosely rested.
It is so much different from your traditional “ white pork “…..extremely tender and the fat that is in there when you bit a piece off is where you can taste the difference.
You were thinking about getting some Brett….don’t hesitate……it’s funny to say but it’s for sure different than what you are used to when you eat pork, you can see the difference in my slices…the texture is 100% different…..next time I would cook it to maybe a 133 it’s was still red when I sliced it but any more it would be too much heat.

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpeg
    IMG_0836.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0837.jpeg
    IMG_0837.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0839.jpeg
    IMG_0839.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0840.jpeg
    IMG_0840.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 13
Here is the ad for the wagyu Brett........I have tried the cheaper stuff, it's definitely different than regular beef but I am too much of a wuss to grab the Japanese stuff.......
Still going to the butcher but not for this..............
1702310162491.png

They have blade/chuck roasts on sale, good time to freezer one for pulled beef, and hanger steaks.....haven't made one of those yet but has to be the same as a skirt I would think.

1702310276715.png

Back