Prepping the “Sidewinder” for Kebabs with the Weber “Crafted” (Rotisserie) Skewer Set

Greg Part

TVWBB Fan
Broke out the lawn furniture to set up the patio Saturday evening and got my ’08 Genesis prepped for some rotisserie kebabs on Sunday. I tried Weber’s new “Crafted” Skewer Set which I purchased last month. Kebabs turned out a little charred (mostly due to the marinade) The sirloin came out a perfectly medium and, overall, pretty good. BTW, I bought the grill canopy (“Classic Accessories Veranda Grill Canopy”) shortly after I got my Genesis in 2008. Pretty nifty little thing, as I hate the sun clubbing me. Also had a visitor drop by. This was a friggin’ hot weekend!

1B07FEEB-9DE6-4FB8-B309-E2AE29018763.jpeg

88EC7B06-48F5-41BC-B9B1-D1E8DFB40FDA.jpeg

AB77FB7B-7D73-4014-8347-2676CC95E9FE.jpeg

5B47769A-D966-4370-AD0E-3838C48651A6.jpeg

FCEB15A3-A44A-46D2-A76E-438E437B05FE.jpeg

9590F6EA-5189-4E4F-9CBA-7D5EF83EC439.jpeg

Last edited:
Broke out the lawn furniture to set up the patio Saturday evening and got my ’08 Genesis prepped for some rotisserie kebabs on Sunday. I tried Weber’s new “Crafted” Skewer Set which I purchased last month. Kebabs turned out a little charred but, overall, pretty good. BTW, I bought the grill canopy Classic Veranda Grill Canopy) shortly after I got my Genesis in 2008. Pretty nifty little thing, as I hate the sun clubbing me. Also had a visitor drop by. This was a friggin’ hot weekend!

View attachment 51257

View attachment 51258

View attachment 51259

View attachment 51260

View attachment 51261

View attachment 51262

View attachment 51263
I my wife seen a snake like that in our backyard, she would burn the house down.

Looks Good Greg, except for the snake. When I see them move, it makes my spine crawl. My wife on the other hand is not scared of them and my girls pick them up. We have no poisonous snakes here so no worries there.

My wife is not a fan of wildlife. We went to Hollywood,Florida a few years ago. Walked into the surf up to her knee, a fish brushed her leg and she said,”I’m done. I’ll be at the pool” 5 minutes in the ocean. Haven’t gone back.

I got me one of these Weber Skewer sets in Germany a few years ago. I like it. Easier than turning the skewers by hand.
Oh and I love wildlife in our backyard too. We already had a lot. Several bobcat families breeding under our deck, opossums, snakes, rabbits, armadillos (which I had to relocate), all kind of birds. Right now we have a family of screech owls living in our oak tree. They are really cute. There is 5 of them getting active at dusk and dawn. And we might have a pair of falcons as well. Our back yard is pretty overgrown and offers lots of hiding places for wild life. Since more and more wildlife habitats are disappearing in our area due to new construction I am happy to do my part in offering them some small spaces. We still have bobcats roaming our yard but I would love to see another bobcat family moving in. But the armadillos can stay away. I don't want them digging up my yard. lol

Back