Pre Owned Grill Jackpot!

BSteele

I can't help but to be thrilled about my recent find.
I've bought and sold only a few used Webers over the years but have paid attention to "the market" and joined here recently to ask some questions about a larger grill for myself.
Currently I'm in the midst of cleaning up a quick flip on a pretty decent Genesis Silver B (which I need 1 knob for!) and have recently missed a few great deals on what I felt would be some great flips.

Last weekend, I came across a poorly written and pictured ad for a Lynx! Lucky for me, I was the first to respond and was given first chance to buy it. When I showed up, I could hardly believe what I was looking at. A perfect condition (minus warming tray & rotisserie), Lynx LBQ-27FR! I couldn't have been more excited to push it on the truck, get it home and check it out. Well, when I brought it home, I literally needed to readjust the (new last year) briquettes and trays, test the burner and ... throw on some marinated chicken and eat dinner!

The build quality is unbelievable (as it should be for a $5k outdoor grill!). The grates weigh about 10lbs, each! It's literally 100% SS, the only parts that don't pass the magnet test are the brackets for the lid handle and the casters! I checked everything and it truly is 350lbs of stainless steel. There isn't a dent, scratch or ding on it and the inside, well it's been grilled on, but there was hardly any buildup at all. I spent 20 minutes cleaning up the edges and faces and that's about it. This grill is clearly made to last...forever!

I almost feel bad posting the price paid as it's less than any of us would ask for a clean Genesis! Only $150 and it was about 60 minutes away.

lynx3.jpg lynx2.jpg lynx1.jpg

Awesome. I hear good things about those grills. The down side is replacing parts, but it sounds like you don't even have to deal with that.

Awesome. I hear good things about those grills. The down side is replacing parts, but it sounds like you don't even have to deal with that.

I'd like to find a rotisserie for it. The price for the matching motor appears to be $65 which isn't that bad, I just don't know if the spit/forks will be universal or if I need to buy it from them. Warming rack is the only other "need".

Did the seller give a reason for selling it?

It was given by a father (who bought a newer, smaller unit) to his daughter who wanted a single unit with charcoal/propane and I saw that (which appeared to be a Char-broil!!) on the deck.

I'd like to find a rotisserie for it. The price for the matching motor appears to be $65 which isn't that bad, I just don't know if the spit/forks will be universal or if I need to buy it from them. Warming rack is the only other "need"...

Try OnlyFire and OneGrill.

https://onlyfireoutdoor.com/collections/rotisserie-1

https://www.onegrill.com/Default.asp

I would measure the the width between the rotisserie notches in the firebox, and also the hole pattern for the rotisserie mount and give either or both of them a call. I can't remember which brand I have for my WSM 22. They are both good quality and well regarded around here.

I'd like to find a rotisserie for it. The price for the matching motor appears to be $65 which isn't that bad, I just don't know if the spit/forks will be universal or if I need to buy it from them. Warming rack is the only other "need".
I am very happy with my OneGrill rotisserie. More power and robust than the two Weber ones I have.

Wow! I got the 36" version before the prior owner (who didn't look at all like a Lynx buyer) turned it into a CHARCOAL grill! I paid the same amount, but mine needed all new burner covers, ceramic, infrared burner, knobs and some other stuff. It was easy to spend a lot on these parts and once again my reach exceeded my grasp. It has sat with a bunch of other unfinished projects waiting my attention. For restorations going forward, I plan to concentrate on Weber, do a Broilmaster now and then and PK charcoal grills if I am somehow lucky enough to get one cheap enough to flip - not very likely. These big, high-end grills can easily turn into a huge rabbit hole with a limited market for resale.

It looks like you did WAY BETTER and have an already very functional grill. By the way, the rotisserie motor from Lynx has 3 speeds. Like everything else on these grills it is over the top!

These are really nice grills, built like tanks! You are absolutely right about the fantastic stainless rod grates. Similar in thickness and spacing to those made by Dave Santana/rcplanebuyer, I cleaned up one, and while it took some work, it came out almost like new. If I ever get my house move nightmare solved I plan to move this beast to Indiana and maybe just keep it like Larry has suggested!

Back