Possibly same question, different thread

RobMil

I have a WSM 22, Weber Performer deluxe and a Rectec pallet grill. My wife complains that I have tooooo many grills, lol. I'm tryin to figure out how to convince her that a Weber Summit s6 or e6 kamado would eliminate 2 of the grills into 1. Is it worth exhaging 2 of my grills for the Summit Kamado? 2. If so what do I need to tell her so that she goes for it, lol.

Only you can decide it it’s worth it to exchange a few of those for a WSK. If you’re asking, then I’d say it sure would make sense, but that’s just how I see it as I did what you’re considering.

I used to run a WSM 18 and a Summit S670 natural gasser. I decided to downsize to an E6, which I did a few years ago and then upgraded to a S6 on a great opportunity deal.

WSM 22 holds a lot of proteins so know that a WSK is likely a small downsize from WSM, but how often are you cooking 8 butts? You can do 6 butts on a WSK with a stacking rack. I’ve seen others do it as I personally don’t ever cook that much butt or have a need to.

For me, the WSK is a do it all grill and smoker. The WSK has been the best Weber grill I’ve ever owned. For what we like to eat and how I like to cook, it’s a perfect blend of size, utility, fuel and it produces fantastic proteins and grilled veggies.

So is it worth exchanging? That’s your call. If you’re seeking an excellent combination cooker that doesn’t sacrifice anything, then I’d say yes.

As for convincing your wife, you’re on your own. Most reasonable wives would probably be fine with a downsize and increase in utility and if she likes good food, then you’re heading in the correct direction.

And being in CA, you’ll get a full 12 months use out of the WSK, no questions at all.

Ask away if you have more questions. There’s a bunch of WSK owners here who can share their thoughts and experiences.

Last edited:
Tell her it's the last one you'll EVER buy. LOL ... and you'll sell ALL the others. (wink, wink)

As time passes and you still have all the grills, just ask her to please remain patient because selling may take time considering shifting economic climate, unstable geopolitics, and unpredictable weather patterns.

Others on this forum have better stalling/concealing techniques.

I think everyone's situation is different and there is no one "correct" answer. In Feb 2022, these were my "active" grills:

1708619901130.png

I sold the WSM 22, Sold the Pit Boss Pro 820 and bought a WSK E6.

I picked up a used performer for $10 replacing the one-touch platinum kettle. Two years later my collection looks like this:

1708620315907.png

But, in reality, these are my active grills. I rarely use the Genesis 1000 ( with silver B trim ). I've only used the performer once since I bought the WSK. I use both to "hold stuff" since I lack storage and prep space and these will likely wander to new homes over time.

1708620693638.png

The WSK is the most versatile grill/kettle/smoker I've used. It sits right next to a performer and the performer sits unused.

YMMV good luck with your journey

Last edited:
I do all my smoking on the E6.
I have grilled a few times but generally I stick to my performer for that task.....it's usually all the room I need and its a lot easier to clean up.
The advantage on the E6 is it does have the room for anything basically............it allows me to smoke nice and low if I need to, my unit tends to hold 245 extremely steady for more hours than I can stay awake......or I can hold a nice 550 easily for a wing cook....or get it up around the 700 mark and can make great pizza in about 4 minutes. In theory you only need 1 cooker....but they all kind of excel in their own way.....makes it hard not to own a few of them........
The Blackstone pellet and griddle combo would be a 2 in one that should work excellent perhaps and mate that with an E6 and you should get no grief from the MRS besides the bank account being about 3 to 4 K less than it is now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Generally in almost all cases if anyone's back yard looked like Dan's there should be some questions.......I like it........but women are different 98% of the time.

I think everyone's situation is different and there is no one "correct" answer. In Feb 2022, these were my "active" grills:

View attachment 86795

I sold the WSM 22, Sold the Pit Boss Pro 820 and bought a WSK E6.

I picked up a used performer for $10 replacing the one-touch platinum kettle. Two years later my collection looks like this:

View attachment 86796

But, in reality, these are my active grills. I rarely use the Genesis 1000 ( with silver B trim ). I've only used the performer once since I bought the WSK. I use both to "hold stuff" since I lack storage and prep space and these will likely wander to new homes over time.

View attachment 86798

The WSK is the most versatile grill/kettle/smoker I've used. I t sits right next to a performer and the performer sits unused.

YMMV good luck with your journey
The first step of having a problem is acknowledging the problem. You’re almost there with clearing the island.

I have a WSM 22, Weber Performer deluxe and a Rectec pallet grill. My wife complains that I have tooooo many grills, lol. I'm tryin to figure out how to convince her that a Weber Summit s6 or e6 kamado would eliminate 2 of the grills into 1. Is it worth exhaging 2 of my grills for the Summit Kamado? 2. If so what do I need to tell her so that she goes for it, lol.
How many times per month do you fire-up your WSM22 and WPD to cook what? Your wife may be noticing that you turn-to and regularly fire-up your Rectec Pallet Grill for your grilling and smoking needs??

I downsized my grill-smoker collection last year, sold my wsm after purchasing a stick burner ...but then sold that right before moving in late summer. Ive been using my 22 kettle for everything since. I may not buy another smoker and just get another performer or wsk and have only one do it all on the patio. I never imagined I would ever sell the wsm, it served me well.

The WSK will cut down your fuel usage! I had 2 26inchers and now I have 2 WSKs the 26 were great but fuel hogs. Cooking space is not a noticeable change but the reduced fuel consumption is amazing. You can do small cooks on a WSK no problem.

Back