Portland Windfest

GaryP

TVWBB Pro
A couple guys at work entered a local bbq contest and then realized they needed a little brisket help. Glad I didn't disappoint. Cooked the brisket on the Jambo but had the 22 wsm there to cook for us. It was funny that everyone thought it was a green egg I painted black. Not many wsms around here. Mine was the only one I saw yesterday.

Jambo held temp rock solid even in 40mph winds when everyone else was puffing white smoke. Haven't competed in a couple years and was great to get back into it. I really missed it. IMG20220409184617.jpg

Congrats.

There's a Portland , Texas ?
Yes sir. Right next to corpus Christi. I'm still finding towns down here that share a name with well known cities in other states. And some that just make no sense the way they are pronounced.

Thanks to everyone for the praise.

Yes sir. Right next to corpus Christi. I'm still finding towns down here that share a name with well known cities in other states. And some that just make no sense the way they are pronounced.

Thanks to everyone for the praise.
yep you are right about pronouncing names . IE Gautier MS locals pronounce as GO SHAY

Back