Portable 18.5" OTS

Mike Purnell

TVWBB Pro
Picked up an 18.5" OTS on Craigslist last week

Had a spare set of legs and turned it into my new portable grill

I kept the original legs so I can swap them back in if needed.

a few members on here have done it, that's where I got the idea. I cut each leg to 7 1/2" long and bought some 1" plastic safety caps from Home Depot for $1, project complete. EASY!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Becky M-M:
i like the lid holder! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So do I - a LOT. What I really like about is it puts the lid completely out of the way of the cooking surface.

Did you buy or fabricate this?

Nice job on the portable Mike.

You could also check Ace or Tru-valu for the Slide-Aside.
I bought mine in 06 from Farm&Fleet which is a Weber dealer for $16.00.
I know Weber discontinued it for a while, good to see it back cause I need another one.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

I love the lid holder too. I did the same thing with my old 18. I used 8 inch legs and then you can hang the lid from the bowl wo it touching the ground. I like your idea better thou.

Nice job Mike!

I just took my old brown 18.5 to the beach last week and just removed the whole leg set and packed it in my truck this time. I think the regular 18's are pretty portable already because they don't take up that much space as it is. I also took the slide aside along with some other acccessories. It was nice not having to look for a place to set it and it was a comfortable hieght.

Pizza first night ("16).

Chorizo and eggs in the morning.

Stuffed crabs as an appetizer.

Salmon, fresh sword and "gus".

Burger and fries.

I plan to just use my SJG when I really don't need much space now. I still think the SJP's are really cool though.

Back