Porkys First ISBBQ Smoke...

Tony Hunter

TVWBB Pro
Ok gang, I dun put my new WSM "Porky" to work! :lol: I have 2 baby backs slabs, and 2 fatties. The fatties are stuffed with cheddar cheese, gargonzola cheese, scallions, and green pepper. I hope they come out good. Here are the pics so far...

Porkys First Smoke...

Did you notice that Porky is an IU fan!
icon_smile.gif

More to come!

Tony
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Todd D.:
Hopefully Porky will turn in more winning performances than IU
icon_razz.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey you watch that language!
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
Besides, you buckeyes wouldn't be doing so well if it weren't for those two Indiana boys you stole from us!
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Those ribs look great. Just 1 question. How are you going to be able to tell the difference between Porky and the other WSM?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob H.:
Those ribs look great. Just 1 question. How are you going to be able to tell the difference between Porky and the other WSM? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Porky has a slight burn on the left side of his access door. Ms. Piggy's access is ruined (the finish is ruined) and I have ordered a new one from weber. So, when the new one comes she will still be distinguishable.

Tony

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Hunter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob H.:
Those ribs look great. Just 1 question. How are you going to be able to tell the difference between Porky and the other WSM? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Porky has a slight burn on the left side of his access door. Ms. Piggy's access door is ruined (the finish is ruined) and I have ordered a new one from weber. So, when the new one comes she will still be distinguishable.

Tony </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Tony...

I had a look thru you pics on site and you have some amazing food there. I has to do a double take at you picture cause I thought that was Rob Rainford up there!.
Man you know how to cook your stuff!!!..

Cheers bro...and happy cooking!!

Darren H

Why did you foil under the fatties? How long did you cook them and at what temp? Water in the pan?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill_W:
Why did you foil under the fatties? How long did you cook them and at what temp? Water in the pan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill,

I put foil underneath because I knew they were going to ooze all over the place. I packed them suckers full of cheeze and I did not want to waste it! I like cheeeeeeze!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

I cooked them for 3.5 hours at 235*-250*. I had a small amount of temp fluctuation because lump heats up really quick when you take the lid off the WSM. Things got a little hot so I had to adjust the temps down a couple of times. But it got on track quickly.

Back