Porkchops

D Badger

Has anyone smoked the thick porkchops on a wsm or is it not advisable? I thought about getting some iowa chops and smokeing them. They are about 2" thick.

They certainly can be smoked. Just make sure you don't over cook them. I'd probably shoot for a finished temp of 145. Most pork chops are very lean and can dry out quickly. You might try brining the chops first. This will give you a moister finished product.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gerry D.:
Give this recipe a try.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...0069052/m/5400059354 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the recipe I use all the time. The balsamic glaze is highly recommended. I also use Kevin K's pork finishing glaze to great reviews.

Ron

Thanks Ron. I keep reading alot of posts about grilling chops, but I was looking for info on smokeing some on my webber smoker. Guess I will just try the recipe rita has and try to see how they come out. One post said it will taste like ham, I did not want that if possible. Sorry for the long post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One post said it will taste like ham, I did not want that if possible. Sorry for the long post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another option is to start with a whole rack of pork. as long as the chine bone is removed by the butcher, you can smoke roast the whole loin, slice off chops between each rib, and finish with a sear.

more info.

Back