Pork Tenderloin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get them from Sam's-- they come two 2-packs to a tray, and each pack is vac-sealed. Each individual tenderloin is about 1 lb. They are not enhanced, like the Hormel, et. al. I use my spice grinder to fresh-grind 2 heaping Tbsp. whole black peppercorns and 1 Tbsp. of dried minced garlic together. Two tenderloins are coated with this mixture and smoke cooked high in the WSM for about 1 hour at 300-325*, or until they hit 150* internal. Then remove them and place in a 500* oven for about 5-8 minutes to crust. I place mine on a small rack in the oven pan to prevent burning the bottoms. (Hint: If cooking along with other meats low & slow, just put them near the edge of the grate where it's hotter.)

My favorite way to grill them is to slather with a mixture of Dijon mustard, crushed gsrlic cloves, olive oil, and black pepper, then grill to 160 or so internal. I've never smoked them, and they seem to benefit from the brownig you get with grilling. They are pretty tender as is.

Clark

Hi and welcome, Jerry!

Where in Michigan?

I cook tenderloins quite a bit and have never been happy with the results when smoking. I really think grilling is the way to prepare these.

I sear at 500+? for about 10 minutes...making sure to roll the meat so all sides get a taste of the flame. I then turn back down and finish cooking at around 400?. This method will take about 25-35 minutes, depending on how done you want it.

Here is a link to my recipe page. Lots of great pork recipes.....all of them are grilled.

Pork Recipes from Stogie

Thanks for some great ideas. Looks like this might be something I can do when I cook chicken (not low and slow), but that would be best to grill or oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back