Pork Tenderloin question

Glenn W

TVWBB Guru
I have cooked many of these on a grill using indirect heat (charcoal). Was thinking about slow cooking on my WSM.

Is this cut too lean to low n slow it?

Those things are so lean,there is no benefit to low and slow. Unless you were to do a HH on the WSM. That's a different story.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glenn W:
I have cooked many of these on a grill using indirect heat (charcoal). Was thinking about slow cooking on my WSM.

Is this cut too lean to low n slow it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I myself, wouldn't do one low and slow. I'd High Heat it on the WSM, or on a Kettle. JMO.

Thanks for the input guy's, I went ahead and done them on the grill as usual:

EOO, K salt, Cracked Pepper and Smoked Paprika.

Seared em and moved em! Yuuuuummmmeeeee!

Thats pretty much how ya do 'em..
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glenn W:
Thanks for the input guy's, I went ahead and done them on the grill as usual:

EOO, K salt, Cracked Pepper and Smoked Paprika.

Seared em and moved em! Yuuuuummmmeeeee! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next time try this. K salt, pepper, GREEK SEASONING wrap in bacon. Cook indirect to a internal temp of about 140. When you reach 140 crisp the bacon over direct heat be careful not to burn the bacon. Rest and slice. Thats the only way I'm aloud to cook it now. lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
Do you use the Cavender's Greek Seasoning? Great stuff!

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just get McCormick, easy to find.

I did some Deer back straps like that for the SB and they were very good.

Will to the pork like that next time.

Back