Pork Steaks & Potatoes

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Idaho taters sliced 1½" thick then seasoned with Penzey's Old World. (Wisconsin Butter underneath each cut)
DSCN8493.JPG

Pork Steaks soaked for 2+ hours in Wicker's <span class="ev_code_GREY">(again)</span> then seasoned with Penzey's BBQ3000.
DSCN8494.JPG

On the 26" kettle at about 300º+ for 30 minutes each side...
DSCN8497.JPG

Taters are lookin' good... and done.
DSCN8504.JPG

Sautéed a few baby carrots then plated dinner something like this ?
DSCN8507.JPG

Served with Rufus Teague Barbecue sauce on the side spiked with horseradish and lime juice.
Oh yeah, and an ice cold, "good old Potosi Beer"!
DSCN8508.JPG

DSCN8513.JPG

if you didn't know, Sir Bob Correll turned me on to pork steaks and I'll thank him for that until I eet my last one.

Thank you all for visiting.

Bob Correll had best be looking over his shoulder. The student is close to becoming the master. These pork steaks look simply awesome.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sean H:
Bob Correll had best be looking over his shoulder. The student is close to becoming the master </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Sean,
That ship has sailed!
Pork steaks just can't be made better than Jim cooks them!

Lovin' everything on your plate Jim!

PS,
Missouri has a Potosi too, but exports lead ore, not great looking beer.
icon_frown.gif

Jim has got this down. Always makes me want to run to the butcher and get some pork steaks cut. On the list for sure.

Another great cook Jim! When i se you do the Ci-taters i always say to myself that its on the menue next cook..Still doing sumthing else. Next time it WILL be CI-taters!

Great looking meal Jim.

And I love good old Potosi! Their brewery tour was fun and their brewpub is great. Wish we could get their beer here in Iowa.

Another terrific looking meal there, Jim! It's been a while since I tried cooking a pork steak. Gonna have to try my hand at it again cause that just looks delicious.

Back