Pork Steaks on the easy bake

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
AKA SmokeFire

No action shots, phone was nearly dead. I smoked them for an hour at 250, pulled them off at one hour, cranked it up to 550 and attempted to sear them. The sear was weak, but the taste was good

Pumpkin & Boy Kitty were not overly impressed

Attachments

• IMG_6182.jpeg
    IMG_6182.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6185.jpeg
    IMG_6185.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6186.jpeg
    IMG_6186.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6184.jpeg
    IMG_6184.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 29
They look great. (Pic #2 looks like Yeti footprint.)

I notice you didn't sauce. I also prefer just dry seasoning and grilling - and smoke - even better.

The whole meal looks perfect. Beautiful cats.

They look great. (Pic #2 looks like Yeti footprint.)

I notice you didn't sauce. I also prefer just dry seasoning and grilling - and smoke - even better.

The whole meal looks perfect. Beautiful cats.
I thought about saucing, but I was concerned about it burning during the sear. I just used Montreal Steak Seasoning, but I probably would have been better off usin Kinders “The Blend.” It was a little bit salty

The meal looks great. This is a cut I've not tried. I hear about pork steaks a lot from work associates from Missouri. Do they have texture like a pork chop?

Haha, "Easy-Bake Pork Steaks" that title cracked me up! Sounds like you might have needed a bit more char on those bad boys. An hour at 250 is a great smoke session for flavor, but yeah, 550 might not have been quite hot enough to get a real sear.

AKA SmokeFire

No action shots, phone was nearly dead. I smoked them for an hour at 250, pulled them off at one hour, cranked it up to 550 and attempted to sear them. The sear was weak, but the taste was good

Pumpkin & Boy Kitty were not overly impressed
Great looking plate!

Back