Pork steak, grill direct or indirect ?

Funny, this reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend from Mexico a week or so ago. I was talking about Carne Asada and what seasoning he prefers. He said he doesn't like too much spice. He said he'd bring me some of the spice he likes. I'm thinking I'm going to get some authentic Mexican spices. :ROFLMAO:Guess what he brought me....

View attachment 47340
I'm a Lawry's fan. It's SPG before SPG was cool. It's got a little sugar in there to help with grill marks. I like the version that's got some black pepper mixed in. I think they used to make a "Hot" version that had a little cayenne in it which is also good. Of course, it's easy enough to make your lawry's blend.

I'm a Lawry's fan. It's SPG before SPG was cool. It's got a little sugar in there to help with grill marks. I like the version that's got some black pepper mixed in. I think they used to make a "Hot" version that had a little cayenne in it which is also good. Of course, it's easy enough to make your lawry's blend.
I was looking at it just now and tasted it. Salt, sugar, garlic, onion, paprika, tumeric, ... but no pepper. So, if you use it to sub in place of your SPG, don't forget to add pepper.

Decades ago, Lawry's was my go to seasoning. Then, all these new spices came out and I got "sophisticated". I do not know that any of them tasted any better.

Back