Pork Loins Wrapped in Bacon

Just put these on. Took 2 whole loins, cut them in two, brined for 2 days, then wrapped 3 pieces in bacon and rubbed one down with a brown sugar/red pepper rub.

They cooking right now at 325-350 F. Foiled pan, no water. I'm planning on rotating them at one hour and removing them at 135 F. Then sit for an hour and slice.

I could never have done this w/o all the valuable info from all the members here. Thanks!

FamilyPhotos003.jpg

(notice where the grate rests)
FamilyPhotos002.jpg

Ok...so I rotated them and the rubbed one on the bottom was already close to 140 F.

I guess brining really makes them cook quick!

The bacon wrapped ones were at 125 F and are still cooking, so I fired up the SJG to crisp the bacon up after I pull them out of the WSM.

Will post finished pics...

That looks fantastic Greg! The woven bacon image looks wonderful... Did you do anything special to finish the cook? Also, did you prefer the rubbed one or the bacon wrapped ones? What is the recipe for the rub?

Great job!!

Thanks Tom. They were both really good! The recipe for the rub was simple. 2/3rd's brown sugar and 1/3rd hot Korean pepper powder (gochu-ga-ru). No salt since they were brined.

I guess next time I'd skip the brining if wrapping in bacon. They were a just a tad salty.

Also, I'll use less salt than 1 cup per gallon of water if brining for an extended period. Again, just a minor tweak.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and also as promised a tp shot for you Ray C.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Greg - nice pics.

Ray

Hey Greg.
The loins look outstanding!! And nicely done.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Not to get off topic, but I did notice your bottom grate looks more like a thinner charcoal grate, and your top grate sits barely on your grate straps.
Did Weber CS take care of your grate issue?

Tim

Back