Pork loin recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Drewery

TVWBB Super Fan
I am trying to find a pork loin recipe that was posted here recently in a thread. The recipe was something about wrapping it in bacon and foil and cooking in the oven can anyone provide a link?
I have done the search but couldn't find it.

Thanks
Mike

I note that you asked about a pork loin recipe, this is for a pork tenderloin. Wesley S, TVWB Super Fan, posted this on 12-21-2003:

My favorite method in cooking tenderloin is as follows:

Take about a 2 pound tenderloin and season however you wish. I sometimes insert a few garlic cloves into the meat. Wrap the loin completely in bacon. Then take some foil and lightly butter the inside. Wrap the foil tightly around the loin then cook indirect (350F) for an hour. Comes out perfect everytime. Cut it with a fork.

I have done this in the oven and it comes out very similar if not the exact same on the grill since it's wrapped in foil.

I just use the grill because...well, I can! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I used to do Hormel tenderloins indirect on the gass grill. Now I get the unenhanced ones from Sam's, and do them sort of "low/semi-direct" on the WSM by putting them near the edge of the top cooking grate for an hour or so until they hit about 145*, and then finish for 5-8 minutes in a 500* oven. For rub, I take a couple of heaping tablespoons of peppercorns and a Tbs. of dried minced garlic and grind them in my spice grinder, and then roll the tenderloins in it to coat.

I just did one on New Years that came out great.

It was a peach/pinapple marinade for about 8 hrs. Then on the WSM at about 325* w/ some hickory for an hr (until 155). Came out great and going to be making it again this week.

I can post the recipe if anyone is interested.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob Lloyd:
[qb]
I can post the recipe if anyone is interested. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please do.

Jeff

I did a 10lb pork lin last night!!! cut 4 steak off of the the end and put in the freezer before putting a rub on it. (had to make it fit under the dome of the WSM.)
I saw a thread about the B.R.I.T.U. rub on the loin.......... it was awesome!!!!!

BLITU

OK here you go:
This is from the Betty Crocker's Great Grilling

Peachy Smoked Pork Roast
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons chili sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tabelspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 can (29oz) sliced peaches in heavy syrup, undrained
2 lb pork loin roast
Hickory wood
Put all ingredients in blender (except pork loin and hickory) and blend until smooth. Pout 1/2 over the pork in resealble bag. Refrigerate 8-24 hrs.

Over indirect heat cook until meat is 155-160. About 1 hr. Let rest, slice thin. Heat reserved peach sauce and serve.

What I changed/added:
5 tablespoons chili sauce
1 teaspoon pepper
lime juice (not sure how much)
I didn't have a full can of peaches so I used:
1 19oz can peaches (in pear juice) and 1 24oz can of pinnaple (with juice).
4 drops Sudden Death
more ginger
I added the above based on taste. I wanted it spicier and more flavorful. Eveyrone loved it and was not hot.

Marinated for 8 hrs, WSM w/ 1 ful lite chimney, 1/2 chimney on top of that w/ a couple hickory chunks. Maintained 325*-350* range. Took about 1 hr. Never opened lid.

The book has lots of other recipes that look good. Just got it as a present so it hasn't seen much use yet.

Rob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matt goin:
[qb] I did a 10lb pork lin last night!!! cut 4 steak off of the the end and put in the freezer before putting a rub on it. (had to make it fit under the dome of the WSM.)
I saw a thread about the B.R.I.T.U. rub on the loin.......... it was awesome!!!!!

BLITU [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>How long did it take to cook the pork loin in the WSM? At what smoker temp? & to what meat temp?

Jeff

Sorry Chris - I didn't see your post until after I posted the recipe. I copied it (and fixed the typos) over to the recipe section.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back