Pork butts + Mesquite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

TVWBB Fan
I've used Pecan on pork butts before, but I'm doing an overnight smoking tomorrow with a huge brisket and 2 pork butts. I want to use mesquite. Would mesquite be good on pork butts or would I be better off using Pecan or Oak instead?

Well that stinks. I like mesquite on brisket. I have to smoke all this at once. Wish I could seperate the smokes.

So like what WOULD be a good wood to use if you were smoking butts and brisket together?

Russ, my favorite wood to use is Pecan i just love the taste of it. Apple second Cherry third. I'm doing a brisket sat and will use 4 pieces of Pecan and 2 pieces of Apple.

Well I ended up using Pecan and Hickory and everything turned out awesome. I did a 12lb brisket flat and 12lbs of pork butts. Everyone loved it.

Mesquite lump charcoal works well on most meats. As with all cookers the fire must be burning clean. I took a 180 in ribs and pork last weekend burning Lazarri mesquite lump in my wsm's. Lazarri sponsors my cooking woods and I use mesquite lump in all of my cookers for all types of meat and it works very well.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back