pork butt temps

I recently smoked a 7.5 lb pork butt for probably 14-15 hrs with a dome temp staying about 250- 235 grate for 12 hrs then high heated during the last 2-3 hrs to 300 deg dome temp. I like to lean towards the 200 deg. mark internal on the butt for easy-fall apart pulling. This was my best butt yet. I used a spray

I'm a "long-haul" guy like Ed, like the long smokes. I'm currently mid-smoke on and 8.5 lb and 10 lb butt, sitting at 8.5 lb - 183/10 lb - 165. The 10 lb butt has been at 165 for the past 6 hours. Just going into the 18th hour of the smoke and lovin every minute of it. Smells wonderful!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
I'm a "long-haul" guy like Ed, like the long smokes. I'm currently mid-smoke on and 8.5 lb and 10 lb butt, sitting at 8.5 lb - 183/10 lb - 165. The 10 lb butt has been at 165 for the past 6 hours. Just going into the 18th hour of the smoke and lovin every minute of it. Smells wonderful! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can smell the cook clear on the other side of town too... looks like another long California pork butt cook well underway.

Back