pork butt leftovers

• Thread starter Deleted member 4607
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 4607

What do you do with leftover pulled pork?

My two favorites are:
1. Green Chili (found a recipe on this forum about a year ago and have been making it ever since)
2. Omelet with pulled pork, onions, and grilled poblanos.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alex:
What do you do with leftover pulled pork?

My two favorites are:
1. Green Chili (found a recipe on this forum about a year ago and have been making it ever since)
2. Omelet with pulled pork, onions, and grilled poblanos. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vacumn seal and freeze. Really nice to have some BBQ pork to pull out of the freezer when needed. I always smoke 2-4 butts every time I fix BBQ pork.

Emeril is doing a PP bbq pizza as I write this.

It consists of dough, bbq sauce, PP, cheese, bell pepper, onions.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Vacumn seal and freeze. Really nice to have some BBQ pork to pull out of the freezer when needed. I always smoke 2-4 butts every time I fix BBQ pork. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially when the winter months come to MI and tending to the smoker is not an option.

I make a couple of "chili packs" whenever I have leftover pork and brisket. I put in one pound of PP, and one pound of brisket, then vacuum seal. Then whenever I feel like making chili, I substitute the PP/brisket in place of the 2 pounds of stew meat. Good stuff!

Thom, I saw "President California BBQ Association 2007" on your email post but not in the post that showed up in the thread. Is this a new position for you? If so, congratulations!

Rita

I never seem to have any
icon_confused.gif

I like to make pulled pork enchiladas. PP also works great in any egg casserole brunch dish... especially one that includes onions and peppers.
Of course, I have four hungry boys, so this concept of "leftovers" is a rare commodity at my house!

I love left over pork butt (pulled) on salad. The smoke flavor enhances just about any dressing. I'll have to try them in green beans as well!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert T.:
Alex,

Do you have a link to the green chili recipe you mentioned?

Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is recipe is from Kevin Taylor's post (01.31.04)
Green Pork Chili

1 pound Pork, smoked and chopped
1 medium Onion(s), minced
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon Olive oil
2 pound(s) Green chilies, roasted and chopped
2 tablespoon(s) Jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon Cumin
pinch Salt
pinch Black pepper
3 cup(s) Chicken stock
1 bottle Beer, dark

I usually go to a store and pick out about 4-5lb of any kind of chilies they have. At least a half of them are usually poblanos. The rest is whatever looks good or how spicy you want to make it. It is a great recipe, very simple and tasty. Give it a try. Good Luck!

Back