Pork Butt Juice, the new weedkiller

Todd Randall

TVWBB Pro
Hey All,

Been a good, long while since I've been able to follow the topics, posts, and all around mayhem here in the forums. Just been too busy at work, home, life, etc. Still finding some time to smoke, just not to post much.

I thought I'd share a story, as I have some time to kill before a meeting here at work, LOL.

The players: 2 - 8lbs bone-in pork butts.

Cooking away on an overnighter in late January here in upstate New York. 2 feet of snow in the backyard from a previous storm. I have a wooden 6-foot privacy fence that runs along a concrete patio in my backyard where the smoker sits. I shovel this and keep it cleaned up in the winter, smoke meat, smoke cigars, drink beer, etc out there. I was using the Brinkmann water pan on this cook for some reason, can't remember why, it was the middle of winter, I can't imagine temp control was an issue.

Needless to say at the end of the cook, I'm not at all enthusiastic about walking out back (about 75 yards) through the 2 feet of snow and 3.5 foot drifts and dumping the water pan in the woods, which is what I normally do.

So you guessed it, I dumped it running it along the wooden fence, right there next to my patio. Never much paid attention to it again until about April.

I do own another 15 feet of land on the other side of this fence, but rarely go over there or see it. I was out raking leaves and cleaning the yard up and sure enough, a beautiful mid-west golden patch of dead grass about 3' by 8'.

Now I know, pork butt grease is a great weed and grass killer :)

Todd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">west golden patch of dead grass about 3' by 8' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice!! As if I needed another excuse to smoke up some pork.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Steve

Back