Pork Butt Cook with Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
Started two pork butts this morning at 6:30am each weighed in at about 6 1/2lbs. Rubbed one with Blues Hog and the other with Texas BBQ Rub #1.

Full chamber of Royal Oak Lump, 3 chunks of Hickory and a pellet packet of Sugar Maple. Lit 15 Kamado Extruded in chimney and added to lump, added the wood, and assembled the cooker. Sand in the pan.

6 hours in I sprayed with Apple juice and started taking meat temps, 156 at 6 hours.

Pork Butt Cook

More photos to follow as circumstances warrant.
icon_eek.gif

Well Doug, as soon as I eat I will let you know. I've had Texas BBQ Rub before on ribs and I love it. I think it is the best commercial rub I've ever had, just my personal opinion of course.

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Blues Hog, I struggle to figure out what's going on in that rub, if you catch my drift, butt, I keep trying.

OK folks, I pulled the butts at 197 and 192, foiled them and let them rest in the cooler for about 90 minutes.

I've posted the final pictures at the link I provided above. Hope you enjoy them and thanks for keeping me company today.

Any questions let me know.

Looks XLNT Bruce. It got my hubby going. Your coleslaw looks excellent, that's always been my favorite. I made one of Emeril's recently. Had to throw it out. Can't figure out why he put so much celery seed in it, made it so bitter, we couldn't eat it.

Looking good, Bruce! Where did you get the kamodo lump? I get up to Troy, MI several times a year. Since I couldn't get anyone in my area to split a pallet, I'd split a pallet with people up there if that's what you have going on
icon_smile.gif

Ed,

Jerry N, a member here and proud owner of a WSM, bought a pallet and offered to split it, so myself and a guy who hangs out on Ray Basso's forum who lives nearby, split it in thirds.

Only have a couple boxes left so keep me in mind if you would like to do this in the future.
Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back