Pork Blade, & Pork Arm????

DanM

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was looking for a pork butt to make pulled pork, but when I went to the grocery store, all available is pork blade or pork shoulder arm? I'm oversees and limited to grocery stores to shop! Help!!! I was thinking of buying the pork blade, but i don't know if i'm buying the right cut of meat for pulled pork.?.?.?

A pork arm roast is a lean cut from the picnic area of the lower front leg of the hog. It is typically cut with the bone in, but some butchers remove the bone for a boneless roast. The arm roast may also be called a picnic roast. Although it is not a true ham, it is sometimes smoked and labeled a picnic ham. A pork arm roast is fatty, which makes it juicy and flavorful.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/444663-how-to-cook-a-pork-arm-roast/#ixzz26Reg9OBP

The arm sounds like it should be fine and the blade is a Boston Butt just by another name. Google it and see.

Last edited:
Another term for pork butt is "Shoulder Blade Roast" so i am guessing you should be good to go with the pork blade.

Back