Pork and beans

At what temp did you cook the burnt ends to? They usually need to go north of 200

225* for 3 hours then 1 hour wrapped. I think I need to add a braise in there somewhere. not bad for the first time, maybe expected too much?

IMG_0224.jpegIMG_0225.jpeg
This is the bbq sauce I used, It has a limited availability but is for sale on Amazon. It is a little sweet with a little heat in the background. If you get a chance try it. (y)

225* for 3 hours then 1 hour wrapped. I think I need to add a braise in there somewhere. not bad for the first time, maybe expected too much?
you could have gone 250-275 for the 3 hours (with a drip tray underneath as they are messy) and then the 1 hour wrapped at higher heat. then a simple 5-10 minutes bark reset to firm up the meat and sauce/rub. pork belly takes heat well as you're just rendering the fat to crisp it and the meat cooks fairly quickly with that fat basting it.

i have a pack i think i'm making this weekend to clear out the freezer. thinking char siu style on sticks. or a nice dry rub finished with carolina gold sauce.

you're really close to perfect with this cook and method. just some mo' heat for those first few hours.

you could have gone 250-275 for the 3 hours (with a drip tray underneath as they are messy) and then the 1 hour wrapped at higher heat. then a simple 5-10 minutes bark reset to firm up the meat and sauce/rub. pork belly takes heat well as you're just rendering the fat to crisp it and the meat cooks fairly quickly with that fat basting it.

i have a pack i think i'm making this weekend to clear out the freezer. thinking char siu style on sticks. or a nice dry rub finished with carolina gold sauce.

you're really close to perfect with this cook and method. just some mo' heat for those first few hours.
I was at the movies for 2 1/2 hours during the first part of the cook so I stayed a little low for insurance. 😂

living dangerously. i'd freak if i left pork or lamb on any grill unattended. built in fear of a grease fire.
I was cheating and used the pellet pooper. I know that still can go wrong but in 8 years I had 1 flame out on the smoke setting and no problems at higher temps. The 3 hour timer went off as we were walking into the house. I normally don't leave a cook alone but the wife was out of town and I was entertaining her cousin. I had ribeye steak from the night before if the pork belly went south and I had the best side dish of Brett's navy beans. He loved the beans and not much said about anything else.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I see they have two others, have you tried them? I’ve had plenty of Bourbon sauces but I can’t remember ever seeing Scotch before. Orange/Chili always goes well together

C276A3F5-0F07-48A4-AACA-AB38C258C5BE.jpeg
4CFE2EFC-F4DB-4C24-A350-E36FB600F7B6.jpeg

When I got it on Amazon they only had the original but I will definitely try others when I can get them.

Back