Poll, how do you grill your Russet potatoes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Sanders:
Kevin,

How long do you simmer the planks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> About 8-11 minutes, after the water is at a simmer. Depends on the thickness. See here.

Rita-- Be generous with the oil. One needn't at the outset (though be generous enough), but don't be afraid to brush with more as they cook and are moved around. It's the 'frying' on the grill (from the oil) that created the crisp, blistered exterior.

Kevin

Thanks. I experimented last night with them, before I got your reply. There's definitely worth giving some more practice. Pretty kid friendly too (we have 5).

Thanks, Kevin. You use olive oil. Would butter burn? Would the flavor of, say garlic oil, withstand the heat?

Did I miss a heat level suggestion? Direct Medium?

Rita

We use the "c" method as we cook around 40-50 at a time. When done, we split them in half and make twice baked out of them after scooping out the insides and adding spices, cheese and sour cream then put the mix back in the taters and reheat with cheese and bacon on top then serve with more sour cream on top then add a little chives for looks

Back