Policy Regarding Product Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Most bulletin boards have a policy of not allowing people to post messages to promote their own products, and TVWBB is no exception.

Recently, there have been a number of posts about products that either violate this policy, or come very close to doing so.

So, let me make clear what is OK and what is not.

It is OK for satisfied customers of a product to discuss it here on the bulletin board. This kind of "product buzz" is one of the great aspects of a bulletin board. Recent examples on TVWB include the ET-73 remote thermometer, The BBQ Guru, Texas BBQ Rub, and most recently Texas Pepper Jelly.

It is also OK for you to post messages about sales, discounts, promotion codes, etc. as long as you do not have a financial interest in the product or company, and the sale, discount, or promotion code is available to the general public.

It is also OK for a bulletin board member, with prior approval from me, to approach a company to negotiate a special deal or discount for BB members. Recent examples include the Nieman Ranch pork discount code and the BBQ Guru volume discount.

It is not OK for someone with a financial interest in a product or company to post messages that promote their product, to answer customer service questions, or to discuss product development or improvement with customers via posts on the BB.

It is not OK for you to negotiate with a company for a product discount for TVWB members without contacting me first.

It is not OK for business owners to post information about sales, discounts, or promotion codes without contacting me first.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. If you have any questions, please e-mail me by clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back