Platinum I rehab done!😅

Beautiful grill.
What is up with that 699 Renie logo on the side of it?
😆 @Bruce thx, It’s what you get when u combine crafty mom with new interest in weber restoration. I stenciled address on as it’s their 1st home together (on the repaintable part, of course, never on the lid). Did a heart on the other side, signs of a chic restoration ha ha).IMG-7060.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking restore. Bruce the reason is the tariffs into Canada.
There are no tariffs or duties when we Canadians order things from the US with the free trade agreement which has been around for a long time. Exchange rate is one factor but does not account for the large disconnect in pricing. Shipping is astronomical, especially ground. Whenever I order from the US, I will only order from those who will ship USPS which is a bit more reasonable. There are a lot of items that Americans have access to that we do not have here in Canada, and that would include some Weber parts.

Sometimes it pays for me to buy items from Amazon.com and pay the extra shipping from USA and exchange rate rather paying the price listed on the Amazon.ca site . I bought Stanbroil stainless steel grates for Genesis 1000 from Amazon.com in June with shipping exchange etc. = $ 57.41 CDN . the exact same product listed on the Amazon .ca site was approx. $138.64 CDN. The only products which we have prices on comparable to USA is maple syrup and automotive tires , all the rest us Canucks get s#ewed on 😥

Last edited:
Yah, I just sent someone a Genesis manifold to Ontario and it cost $45 shipping for the least expensive US postal service rate. That is with an expected two week shipping time. Sheesh.
Hopefully it arrives a bit faster than that estimated ship time. Completely depends on how 'thorough' the CBSA wants to be...

Back