plastic handles

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
its official, i very much dislike the plastic handles.
icon_mad.gif
i usually use my old weber with wood handles. this last sat i did a brisket on my newer kettle. everytime i opened it up i felt like i was getting burned. no i don't have wimpy hands. so i'm gonna make some simple wood handles and chuck the plastic ones.

yeah they dont work well, when i get my grill up in temp to sear a steak the handle Will burn your hand so i always use an oven mit.

That's my major complaint with the plastic one too. I wish that we could still buy the wood ones, and I fit all of my grills with them.

granted that the wood ones get rather warm but not like the plastic ones. its a pain to use the gloves far as i'm concerned but thats a less "painless" option. i tried it but no go for me.

Same complaint here.

I also seem to recall reading once or twice that someone actually melted theirs.

I don't care for the plastic handle either.
I have some hardwood remnants that I might possibly make a replacement handle out of.

The coiled spring (old days on waffle irons called an "Alaskan" handle) is the way to go. Just need the time to make the adjustment. In the meantime have to say although they do feel hot at times I havent had a "I cant stand it" moment yet with the WSM or Performer handles in the 3 years I have been cooking with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back