Plastic cylindrical filter on Genesis Gold C ?

WesIgnacio

Hello all , what is this plastic filter under the stove coming from the main propane line?
I broke the tab when i tried to open it. It looks like a filter of sorts. Will my gennie blow up now that i broke the tab ? =)

Attachments

• plastic ring.jpg
    plastic ring.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 11
They cover the vents on the burner tubes and are designed to keep spiders and other critters out of the burners. There should be one on each burner as suggested above. I am not sure if you can still buy those online, but someone will probably have some you can buy from them. If you purchase new burners, they come with screens built into the burners.

They cover the vents on the burner tubes and are designed to keep spiders and other critters out of the burners. There should be one on each burner as suggested above. I am not sure if you can still buy those online, but someone will probably have some you can buy from them. If you purchase new burners, they come with screens built into the burners.
Thanks for the quick responses. Since i broke the tab , are there any cons to just taping it back or using glue ?

I don't think either will hold up all that long. But, as long as you don't cover or plug the vent holes in the guards, then you could certainly give it a shot. Maybe put it on the burner and get thin piece of wire to wrap around it to hold it on.

That should not be getting very hot, it’s outside the cook box at the end of the burner.
edit for safety concerns, yes. Superglue is an “alphacyanolate” glue and as a research chemist from the former Upjohn company explained…
”It’s the “cyano” that you have to worry about. Under heat it will produce cyanide gas!”
The guy was and, still is, an amazing guitar and pedal steel player. very nice fellow! Have not seen him in years.

Back