Pizza BUST !

Guy Wallace

TVWBB Super Fan
rWe cook pizza often on the grill here I posted a pic of last weeks in another post ! Well I wasn"t gona post about this but we had a failure last Saturday night first time messing up a pizza . Now don't get me wrong we ate it and it tasted fine BUT The dough some @!#$%^&* HOW stuck to my clay flower pot base we been using .

My wife seems to think she may of messed up the dough but I don't think so I think I put it on befor the clay was hot enough !

Sooo what you guys think would make pizza dough stick . I bet we have made a 100 and never had one stick to nuten
icon_confused.gif
I had her go buy a screen pizza pan today I like my pizza on Fidays or Saturdays from the grill and will not abide it sticking duno if the screen pizza pan a help ?? I did have my clay base covered in corn meal like always !

Help a brother griller smoker out here guys !

O by the way my wife don't like me using the clay flower pot base she says it yucky and black from smoke and dirty but she always eats her share of the pizza . I dare her dish on my method of cooking the gall a some women
icon_rolleyes.gif

OOPS Just noticed were I posted this ! Sorry Cris if you can move this to the grilling section SORRY
icon_smile.gif

Well i always dust my pizza stone with some corn flower before i put the pizza on and they never stick. Could be a heat problem that let the saucer suck in some of the moist from the dough before it hade time to cook.

My 5 cents

Guy,I don't know what could have made it stick. I always grill mine directly on the grates,then finish indirect. If all the goodies were cooked and melted,then it probably wasn't the lack of heat. I hate to not take your side,but you might need to clean the stone. I'd start there and move forward. HTH

Dough for grilled pizzas generally contains some olive oil. Could your wife have possibly left out the olive oil from the dough?

Also, I would be concerned that a clay flower pot saucer might not be food safe. I believe that flower pots contain, or used to contain, lead, but I'm not positive. I'm sure someone will comment about that.

Rita

Hey iam so ugly and old now I am sure a little lead from that saucer is not going to kill me . Certainly not as bad as when we were kids holding the lead sinker in our mouth while we tied on the hooks on our line fishing
icon_eek.gif

No worries thou I have ditched the clay base for a screen pizza pan .

She says she thinks she used regular flower and not the samalina flower she normaly uses for pizza dough I most likely spelled the name a the flower wrong sorry . So Saturday night we will find out thats our normal pizza night here .

Back