Pizza and Pig Tails

j biesinger

TVWBB Platinum Member
I've been going pretty hard, all summer, with my pizza oven (see this link for more information http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?42892-Custom-Steel-Pizza-Oven )

My last run I invited some friends over, and assigned each person a task. One friend brought some scratch, sour dough for the crust, others brought toppings and stuff, here was one of our more creative pies:

Foie gras, shi-taki mushrooms, ricotta cheese
IMG_8473.JPG

and a more standard pie
IMG_8483.JPG

I also fried some wings, and tossed them in Buffalo sauce. So while the fryer was going, I dropped in an experimental batch of pig tails (seasoned and cooked sous vide, 135* for 48 hours) and tossed them in the wing sauce (hat tip to Animal in LA).
IMG_8480.JPG

they came out super crispy and with some of the most ridiculously unctuous, sticky meat ever

Pigs tails? I've eaten cured and cooked pig's trotters many times, it's a delicious, but never the tail. What a neat idea!

Fantastic looking pizzas, as well!

The pig tails look great! I would totally try those. I kind of imagine them as miniature porky versions of oxtail (which I like quite a bit). Great photos and food.

If I could have convinced you guys to try the tails, I'm sure you would have loved them. They were that good :D

Back