pit tender on WSM

Morrey Thomas

TVWBB Super Fan
I recently watched a new TV series on The Learning Channel about competition BBQ teams. One team was using a pit tending system on a WSM which used a computer controlled fan to keep temps consistent. How does this system mount and work on a WSM? I have seen them on smokers with a ball valve such as a Stumps or Superior. But how would this work on my WSM?

Morrey, They were using a stoker on the show you reference. You can get on here rocks bbq

There is also a forum on this board dedicated to automatic temp. control systems forum
I have one on my 22", it hooks up to one of the vents on the bottom with an adapter you order when you buy your stoker. Sorry don't have a pic of the hook up but it is real simple (no tools).

You saw a new show on TLC called “BBQ Pitmasters”. The team from California used what’s called a Stoker. Check out This or visit the "Automatic Temperature Control Systems section of this forum.
Edit: Looks like Steve beat me to it.

Thanks Steve and Steve! This info is great and heads me in the right direction. With a controller such as the Stoker, precise control becomes easy. Again...many thanks for the lead. Going to look into it now.

Back