Pit Meter - iPhone app for the HeaterMeter

Bummer.

Who wants to take up the task of doing a new iOS app for the HeaterMeter?

I hear Swift is actually pretty easy to get started with.

Holy smokes, there's a lot of awesome info and tutorials here.

Last edited:
Who wants to take up the task of doing a new iOS app for the HeaterMeter?

I hear Swift is actually pretty easy to get started with.

I've thought about it. But since I have to learn Swift first, it may take me some time. Even if it turns out terrible, maybe having a goal will finally motivate me to learn iOS development.

I've thought about it. But since I have to learn Swift first, it may take me some time. Even if it turns out terrible, maybe having a goal will finally motivate me to learn iOS development.

Go for it! There's a few developers around here that can probably lend or help point you in the right direction if you get stuck.

- Create a new thread to discuss the development of the app. This will keep everything nicely contained.

- Commit your code frequently to GitHub, this can be a life saver for your own code, should you need to restore your code to a certain point. It will also allow others to contribute to the code.

Hi Chris D,

That must be an alert of something.

An alert can be Low/High temperature, Lid open detection, Timer Alarm or an Connection failure. The blinking border shows you which alert is active.

You can snooze it with the loudspeaker button (bottom left) or disable it in settings (bottom right).

Gr. Mike

Hi Steve,

Sorry no Github (yet). In my opinion the source-code is not mature enough to share at this point. Maybe in a future release, when I recode some functions and make some notes in the code, I will share it.

In the meantime I try to maintain the App so it will be available on future iOS releases.

I have no intention to ask a fee for the App or to implant ads or something. When i need a webserver for the Low/High temperature notifications when the app is closed or in background (cause background fetching of the HM json data on an Apple device is not reliable enough for our purpose) in this case i will ask a little fee for only this function to pay back the cost of the webserver hosting.

Gr. Mike

Thanks very much for doing this! I appreciate your work! Any idea if you'll ever incorporate the ability to add addt'l HM's to the app? Id love to be able to control multiple HeaterMeters during a big smoke.

Back