Pinto bean question???

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
I want to make some chili and I’m thinking of adding some pinto beans, I’ve never cooked beans before any thoughts? I love pinto beans, do they make a good chili bean?

I picked up some of Oakridge Texas chili mix. I’m going to do Turkey so the wife will eat some and I’d like to add the pintos, any help is much appreciated!!

Red kidney beans are more traditional, but pintos, or a combination of the 2 works just fine. I've done all 3 and there's not really much difference in flavor.

I like to do the overnight soak, then cook. When I make bean soup, I much prefer to make it the day before eating, as the overnight rest gives the beans more time to soften up. THIS is a good bean primer on Serious Eats.

Let us know how it goes!

R

I’m going to go for it next weekend, I want to do the soak and not go canned. I’m hoping g to find a meal the wife and boys can all agree on! 🤞🏻

I like to do the overnight soak, then cook. When I make bean soup, I much prefer to make it the day before eating, as the overnight rest gives the beans more time to soften up. THIS is a good bean primer on Serious Eats.

Let us know how it goes!

R
If you don’t do the overnight soak and 2x rinse, nobody will stand near you for three days. You’ve been warned.

Back