PID settings are funky today

JayC

TVWBB Fan
I've got a cook that I put on last night around 10pm. I left the PID settings roughly the same as the last time I cooked and everything was looking ok but the it was strange that I never really got to 225 and stayed steady around 220-223 on my large BGE w/ Tom's Barrel Damper.

So, I started monkeying around with the settings a bit and everything I did made it worse, going back to my settings, tweaking what was there, using Tom's settings, etc. So finally, I have been "back to basics" and am just trying to get to temperature with P only. I set it more and more trying to get oscillations until I got up to around 20 and still, the thing is sitting there flat and not getting past about 222 with fan set to max only. I finally got it to overshoot by changing P to 40 but clearly something is wrong here as that normally would have overshot the 225 set point almost immediately. It finally did start oscillating though between about 220 to 235 with P set around 30. Now I'm dialing in the I and D since I have that settled. That just seems weird though right? I cleaned everything out of the BGE and I know it's good and sealed so I'm thinking maybe a servo going bad? Has anyone seen anything like this before? I've done a lot of cooks and never seen anything like this from my HM and servo.

Back