Pics of the 18 and 22 side by side and top down

Taylor Martin

Looking for a picture of these 2 side by side and top down on the grates, with or without food. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? No one local has em to see in person.

Taylor, I can take pics this evening after work if you don't get any by then. Do you want them posted here or your email?

Mark

Thanks for the info. I just because a wsm owner. First weber ever. I wanted to see how big they were side by side, and the link led me to a bunch of videos which showcased them. I've wanted a smoker for YEARS and finally decided it was time to pull the trigger!

Here you go, quite a noceable size difference.

2011-03-19170217.jpg

That looks like a great store for grilling/smoking stuff.

The 22.5 is missing the thermometer, wonder if they'd discount it...
icon_biggrin.gif

Thats a great store Richard, all that variety of wood too! I went in to a garden center here a few weeks back and was surprised to find a pretty big display aea, had probably 3/4 the Weber lineup set up on the floor (no Ranch though)
even had one of those wood and aluminum whole pig cookers there too

At russ, the name of the store is bbq grill station, they are in waterford lakes shopping center in east orlando south of ucf. They are located on the home depot side of alafaya trail in front of kohls.

They sell everything from smokers, webers, green eggs, pellet smokers, several lines of good quality gassers. They also do custom outdoor kitchens. They have a good selection of rubs and sauces along with tons of gadgets. I primarily go for the wood they have sassafras, oak, maple, cherry, mesquite, hickory and apple in both chunks and chips. I already have gadgets.

Holy cow!

Man, I just ordered the 22.5" today mostly due to the fact that it can lay a Rack of ribs flat on it. But I had no idea it was that much bigger.

I had seen the 22.5 and the 18.5 individually but never together.

I'll be cooking for 2 most of the time, but I figure worst case senario I just burn through more fuel and I always have the option to do more.

Originally posted by James Welch:
Holy cow!

Man, I just ordered the 22.5" today mostly due to the fact that it can lay a Rack of ribs flat on it. But I had no idea it was that much bigger.

I had seen the 22.5 and the 18.5 individually but never together.

I'll be cooking for 2 most of the time, but I figure worst case senario I just burn through more fuel and I always have the option to do more.

What you can do (and what other 22.5 WSM owners do), is to either purchase an 18.5 charcoal ring or make one yourself that is similar in size to the 18.5 charcoal ring out of expanded metal.

Back