Picked up my first Weber Fire Pit for $20 today

That looks great! You should keep it it really is a great fire pit. The wife and I both went to UCF and are big on football so i decided im going black and gold. I got some 2000 degree primer and clear coat and ordered some 900 degree gold caliper paint that wont be here until Tuesday but will post pictures once done. Could have bought a new pit for what this is going to cost.

Here is a picture out in sunlight. Middle section looks much more the black color. Grey would actually look sharp, but I'm not sure if my local store sells grey BBQ paint.

View attachment 11155

Also, I placed a 22" cooking grate in the pit to get an idea of the size. It's not big enough to site on the nuts, but I'm sure it would work. I have an old worn out 22" grate I'll probably use, not the GBS grate pictured. The main grate from a 26" might work, but those are expensive

View attachment 11156

Thanks Kyle. I think I will try an old 22 grill grate too. 😀

That looks great! You should keep it it really is a great fire pit. The wife and I both went to UCF and are big on football so i decided im going black and gold. I got some 2000 degree primer and clear coat and ordered some 900 degree gold caliper paint that wont be here until Tuesday but will post pictures once done. Could have bought a new pit for what this is going to cost.
That sounds like it will look great. You probably could buy a fire pit for that much, but it wouldn't be a Weber! And you'd probably have to toss it after a year or two.

Finally got this done. The paint had a 7 day cure time then had to bake it. Broke down and redid my blackstone pizza oven when I was waiting. Thats the charcoal grate from a 22” 7441 i think it was.View attachment 12210

Nice job, it looks brand new!

When you aren't using your fire pit, how do you store it? with the middle section removed? I dont have space to store the pit inside, so it'll be outside. Figure if I remove the mid section then no water can build up in the bottom bowl.

When you aren't using your fire pit, how do you store it? with the middle section removed? I dont have space to store the pit inside, so it'll be outside. Figure if I remove the mid section then no water can build up in the bottom bowl.
I had mine out back uncovered with the middle section removed. I am going to find a cover for it and try to leave the middle section in. I thought someone had linked to a cover they were using but i cant find it.

I found most fire pit covers were not tall enough for the middle section. I use a round air conditioner cover which is also cheaper. No drawstring on the bottom though.

Go to covermates on Amazon. This cover has a very strong elastic band at the bottom. Survived recent tornado and tropical storm. Great price, well constructed and works perfectly.

Attachments

• 5C296718-D137-41C7-BB9E-52C92C530858.jpeg
    5C296718-D137-41C7-BB9E-52C92C530858.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 09E31B45-A455-45C8-AD7B-04AD92106AB4.jpeg
    09E31B45-A455-45C8-AD7B-04AD92106AB4.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 7

Back