Picked up Free! Genesis 1000

Awesome free grill. That is a great base grill for a restore.
This is my base Grill. It has less rust on the frame. Going to use the Durawood and Grill grates off the black one.

Attachments

• Green Weber 1.jpg
    Green Weber 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 24
That should work out fine. But, I don't see a slide bar for the swing table on either grill. I would have expected one on the Durawood grill at least.

That should work out fine. But, I don't see a slide bar for the swing table on either grill. I would have expected one on the Durawood grill at least.
I do not know what that is. Maybe that is why the fold out swing table is locked.

Bruce do you ever paint the Durawood?

Last edited:
No, I never paint durawood. But, If you do, I suggest high heat paint since it is common to set fairly hot stuff on the tables.

The slide allows you to lift the swing table up and it automatically locks in place. Then it unlocks easily to lower it. Otherwise, you have to stoop down under the grill to put the support rod into the bracket holes to raise and lower it.

I have been toying with the idea of painting some Durawood charcoal gray or black. I think I would start with a primer meant for plastic first, but I had not given consideration to the high heat issue. Hmm...🤔

I was thinking I might use the Black Lid for my restore. What do you guys think Green or Black?

I think a combo of sun exposure and high heat from inside.
I am sure a cover will help with that, but it seems to affect almost exclusively the black lids for some reason.
I am simply suggesting that you make sure you don't get a black lid with the problem to start with.

Bruce, looking over the Black Lid more closely it does not seem to have the effect you are talking about although it is dirty. I will see what it looks like when it is cleaned up more.

Yep. It usually takes cleaning it off some to really tell. Good luck and I hope it winds up being fade free.

Back