Picked up an 18.5" WSM off Craigslist today for $30

Got a pork butt on now (she's running around 320 with all the intake vents pretty much closed). This WSM wasn't used much, just sitting around for ages. So hopefully she will seal up a bit after a few cooks. Also had to plug one intake vents holes with foil because the damper was too warped.

2d109e8.jpg

Thanks guys. Hey one thing I noticed is that the cooking grates on this C model are larger in diameter than the new ones, by about an 1/2 inch or so I'd say. I tried to put the cooking grate from the new one in, because I didn't feel like cleaning the old C model one yet, and it fell right through, lol!

Okay, this was just my ignorance of WSM in general (I had gotten the new one a few days before finding the other on Craigslist). I was trying to put the lower grate of the new one, into the top grate of the old one. I later learn the top and lower grates on both are different sizes. So the grates are perfectly interchangeable I learned and the two cookers are no different in design in that respect.

YOu all knew this, but just clarifying so as not to confuse anyone :)

Okay, this was just my ignorance of WSM in general (I had gotten the new one a few days before finding the other on Craigslist). I was trying to put the lower grate of the new one, into the top grate of the old one. I later learn the top and lower grates on both are different sizes. So the grates are perfectly interchangeable I learned and the two cookers are no different in design in that respect.

YOu all knew this, but just clarifying so as not to confuse anyone :)

That is slightly amusing. Ok more than slightly lol

Done. Pulled and sauced with Shack Attack, jus & fond.

1q4ilt.jpg

That is some beautiful looking pork! Wow what a find! I found one on Craigslist too for 100$ tried to get my friend to buy it. He thought it was too far away (2hrs 1 way). 30$ though, I would of got it myself too even though I already have one. Nice clean up job too!

Back