Picked up a new Jumbo Joe from Target

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
I just picked up a new Jumbo Joe from Target at a close out ($29.98). The CEO will, no doubt, consider "firing" me:rolleyes:. Certainly, that's my last grill purchase for a while...

The grill appeals to me on more than one front. I will be trying it out on picnics this fall. I hope it works as well as everyone says it does. I'll break it in around home, of course, before I hit the woods...

Thanks to those who mentioned, repeatedly, Target's close of season pricing...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

SteveM;
WOW! Talk about a deal. I have been looking closely at mine and I'm pretty dern impressed. I haven't used mine yet (should get 'er done in a day or so) but am looking forward to using it. I believe that it will perform quite well.

We'll see...

Keep on smokin',

I have the original Jumbo Joe, but I was at Target looking for a deal on the Weber Utensils, but when I saw 19.99, I could not resist.

I had to convince the CEO on the spot why I needed one. She was surprisingly cool about it. The Target near me only had one left, so I didn't wait for the price to go down and paid $41.xx. The CEO is making me get rid of the SJ to make room. I cooked corn on the Jumbo while I had wings on the kettle and a butt in the WSM. I was glad I had the extra space vs. the SJ. I have used the SJ for small cooks and camping and it will be nice to have the extra cooking space.

I like how the charcoal baskets fit in the jumbo. I can't wait to try some low in slow while camping and surprise some friends with ribs. ;) Then grill some steaks. You always have to have some good steaks!

After I have done my first cook, I am increasingly impressed. Frankly, I have been underwhelmed by the SJ as a grill. I will give it a few more trials before I give up on it but this Jumbo Joe is a REAL grill. It IS a bit bulky for "portable" but certainly doable. I will be doing a goodly number of small cooks at home on it as it is so convenient and easy to use.

Here is my first cook:

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?54804-First-Cook-with-the-Jumbo-Joe

Good piece of gear for sure!

Keep on smokin',

Back