Picked up a Genesis 2

MbmnaH2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice griddle. That is something I would jump on if I saw it on CL or FB. Not sure what they are new, but that looks like it would make a great combo for a breakfast BBQ with eggs and pancakes on the griddle and sausages or ham on the grates. Lots of addition uses as well.

But those CI grates turned out reall good.

Here's a long overdue update.... This grill sat for months while I worked up the nerve to make new wood slats. I have the wood pieces cut but I haven't stained them yet.

I also decided to cheat by using a lower wire shelf from a Genesis Gold... and I also found a side burner for it. To make space for this one on the deck, I sold what was previously thought to be a keeper grill.

Here's a temporary setup with the red lid that I saved from the keeper grill and a thermoset table while I'm staining the wood.

9bYqMNb.jpg

RCP FBs and grates:

UCq9vtm.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is a true franken grill there. But, I like it. I would probably go back to all wood and get rid of the thermoset tables though.

Here is a teaser pic.

About a year ago, someone on FB marketplace was selling a wooden swing shelf and ONE of the lower 9-slat shelves from a Genesis 2000+ for $10.

I scavenged the wood pieces from the lower shelf and made a new work table, and the swing shelf is a drop-in replacement.

GtykMZ7h.jpg

It's getting there, I still want to hang another swing shelf on the right, eventually.

Back