Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Trapp

TVWBB Fan
How much more fuel does it take to fuel a performer vs. a smokey joe? Is the difference in charcoal used great?

The reason I ask is that I grill for one half the time two the other half and I smoke for a crowd on the WSM every other week.

I would like to have a nice charcoal grill that will allow me to cook more food than the SJ allows. But I do not want to be burning up a lot of fuel for small cooks. I guess I could still cook using the SJ.

Can the performer cook a whole chicken or is it too short?

you are talking about the 22.5 performer/kettle and the smalll 14in sj, right ? the performer will take 3-5 times more coals though it really depends on what yer doing. yes, you can cook 2 chickens for sure on the performer. sj's are great but purty much are ok for 1-2 people.

ditto<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Ford:
Charcoal is cheap. Buy the cooker you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

James if u do not need the size of the 22 go with the 18.5 otg very gd medium size grill. Will not use up much more charcoal than ur sj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back