Performer Trade and Swap

Maybe something like this:

I love the outside of the box suggestion, now you have my cerebral wheels spinning.
The hole is aprox 15/16's at the widest part and narrows to about 1/4 inch , images below including over ripe banana 🍌 for scale.

Weber Performer Deluxe bowl .JPG Weber Performer Deluxe bowl 2 .JPG

Well you could use a step drill bit to make it completely round, which would make it easier to plug. I recently changed out an old bowl on my Performer & added a new bowl. I also drilled out hole for the gas assist, however I drilled a round hole, the key is to disassemble the fire tube assembly & insert it from the inside of the bowl, one end is round & the end where the fire comes out is oval.

Well you could use a step drill bit to make it completely round, which would make it easier to plug. I recently changed out an old bowl on my Performer & added a new bowl. I also drilled out hole for the gas assist, however I drilled a round hole, the key is to disassemble the fire tube assembly & insert it from the inside of the bowl, one end is round & the end where the fire comes out is oval.
So with the new Bowl you added, was it a Performer Bowl or was it a regular kettle?
did you have to order aftermarket Brackets to fit it onto a Performer cart?

I have the opposite problem, too many holes that I dont need. UNLESS I add Gas assist to the smaller Weber Performer cart with this new kettle.

Did you order the following parts directly from Weber?
  • 88102 Hardware for burner tube/lid bail, Performer
  • 85683 Burner tube assembly, Performer Platinum/Deluxe '13
  • 80376 Hardware, Performer regulator

This might be what I decide to do, just convert the Standard Performer into a small Performer Deluxe.

Last edited:
So with the new Bowl you added, was it a Performer Bowl or was it a regular kettle?
did you have to order aftermarket Brackets to fit it onto a Performer cart?

I have the opposite problem, too many holes that I dont need. UNLESS I add Gas assist to the smaller Weber Performer cart with this new kettle.

Did you order the following parts directly from Weber?
  • 88102 Hardware for burner tube/lid bail, Performer
  • 85683 Burner tube assembly, Performer Platinum/Deluxe '13
  • 80376 Hardware, Performer regulator

This might be what I decide to do, just convert the Standard Performer into a small Performer Deluxe.
I purchased a Copper Original Kettle Premium via Ebay, I also ordered brackets to make it fit on my Performer cart. The gas assist comes with all of the hardware, I may have purchased it from grillparts or replacement parts, my Performer is a Gen2 purchased new around 2006/2007. I can't recall where I purchased the regulator, I know it was expensive, but my old one was toast. I also installed the newer lid bale assembly, P/N 65188, not sure where I purchased it, I know Amazon has them.

Since you already have the holes pre-drilled, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to install these parts, I love the gas assist.

Since you already have the holes pre-drilled, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to install these parts, I love the gas assist.
I may revisit this plan if I can figure out to add the gas assist onto the smaller Performer Cart.

Update:

Weber Performer 22 Crimson;
  • I added my old Tuck away lid bail
  • added an updated One touch ring/bowl ( Weber sent me the wrong ash bowl - I ordered a black one, they told me to keep the extra on2)
  • I still need to clean that table better,
    • seems to be some deeper stains that aren't coming out. ( any suggestion on cleaning these metal side tables?)
  • I am going to add a Tel Tru on the vent side and probably paint the ash bowl black
  • replaced the charcoal grate.
  • swapped the handle for a master touch black lid handle w/shield
  • I order the SNS Smoke hole cover so I will add that to the bowl
  • Going to add the Tom Horseman polish treatment to it as well
Perfromer original.pngWeber Performer Crimson 2.JPG

Weber Performer Crimson 3.JPG

Weber Performer MOD Crimson .JPG Weber Performer MOD Crimson 2 .JPG

If anyone want the black bowl/lid that I swapped out , you can have it, it comes with one touch ash cleaning and the grates that came with it.
Prefer local pick up on the kettle/lid.
DM me if interested.

Last edited:
I purchased a Copper Original Kettle Premium via Ebay, I also ordered brackets to make it fit on my Performer cart. The gas assist comes with all of the hardware, I may have purchased it from grillparts or replacement parts, my Performer is a Gen2 purchased new around 2006/2007. I can't recall where I purchased the regulator, I know it was expensive, but my old one was toast. I also installed the newer lid bale assembly, P/N 65188, not sure where I purchased it, I know Amazon has them.

I added stainless bolts and
SNS Smoke Hole cover

20231028_125613.JPG

Back