Performer table height?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Mc

I am thinking of watching Craigslist for a Performer. I am pretty sure I want one of the 2005 to 2009 models with the thermometer in the handle.

I have a 2002 Platinum and have never been very happy with the height of the table. It is approximately 28 inches high.

I believe the table on the Performer is higher but haven't been able to find the height of the table in my searching. Does someone know the height or own one and be willing to measure it?

Bruce, I just picked up a platinum and I'll compare the heights of my performer to the platinum tomorrow when it is light out.

Brian

Thanks Rolf! Those extra 5 or so inches are going to be just the ticket. I'll be watching Craigslist for one that fits the bill - and then will likely sell my blue platinum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruce Mc:
Thanks Rolf! Those extra 5 or so inches are going to be just the ticket. I'll be watching Craigslist for one that fits the bill - and then will likely sell my blue platinum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a problem. The really good news is the grill height is also 5" higher. Good Luck on your search.

Here is the picture I promised. It was a little late, it keeps raining here. It let up long enough for me to get a picture.

dsc05995a.jpg

By zavod44 at 2011-11-27

Hope that helps.

Brian

PS I got your joke Rolf
icon_biggrin.gif

Nothin wrong with adding another tool to your arsenal. But if you want to save the blue Plat you could just build a small platform out of 2"x6" PT lumber and cover it with 5/4" PT decking.
Set your Weber on top and your good to go. Sort of what I do on the edge of my deck.

Tim

Tim that's exactly what I had in mind. I wouldn't trash it, I would do something like you did. I love the height of the performer. It is a really nice height to work at.

Brian

Not trashing the 2002 platinum, just talking about selling it after I get a performer.
icon_smile.gif

I'm nothing like some I have seen reading tvwbb, but most who know me think I am a grill collector due to having 2 WSM (18 and 22), 2 Big Green Eggs (large and small), a Weber Silver C gasser, a Weber go anywhere gasser, and this 2002 platinum kettle I am looking to exchange for a performer kettle. Certain grills/smokers for certain purposes. Not a collector.
icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back