Performer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Murphy

TVWBB Fan
I stopped and looked at a Performer this past weekend. I like what I saw, still waiting on mine
icon_mad.gif
Does anyone out there have a problem with their lid getting scratched up, when they lower, and raise it in and out of the cradle ?
The one I was looking at, the lid rubbed the cradle when it was being raised and lowered, and had some hairline scratches on it. It was an 09 Model, and I'm wondering if maybe it was just assembled wrong, or is there a problem with that ? Thanks

I've had my Performer for over a year and at first I was hesitant about putting it in the lid holder, but I use it every time and I have not seen any scratches in my lid from doing so.

Thanks Andy. I appreciate the feedback. It must of been assembled wrong, that or the abuse from being a display model. Or a combination of both.

Terry,

I just got rid of a One Touch Platinum (because I have a Performer now). I did not notice any scratches from the lid holder and it uses the same mechanism as the Performer. Count that Platinum as at least a half dozen years old.

Terry

My Performer is almost two years old and it gets used 4 to 5 times a week, and I don't have any scratches on my lid either. Sounds like something is out of wack on the lid holder bracket.

Knowing what I know now (and becoming empty nesters again), if the missus had me thin the herd, the Performer would stay and the WSM would go.

I know that's heresy on a WSM message board, but it's the truth.

Terry no issues with the Performer, and it's the best grill that I have ever owned. I now have six Weber grills and the Performer is my favorite.

Terry,

I am 1 month into a new performer and love it! I have already upgraded to the cast iron grates which I have been very happy with. Take the plunge, you will not be disappointed!

I tend to beleive that the paint coatings on the kettles over the past few years are not as robust as they were in the 90's, not so much for scratching but for staining.
I have a light SAGE GREEN Performer (Australian model) and I find that the paint has stained and I can't get a new shine back again even though I always store it in the garage when not being used.I'm concerned about using some auto light cut polish on it to bring the gleem back due to the heat it has to endure.
In regards to the lid holder carriage on the performers, I tend to think that the old lid carrier was better, you know...the ones that clipped over the edge of the kettle, it would go back further and not even touch the sides of the kettle, a much better system in some ways.
The bracket that holds the lid holder onto the kettle body towards the bottom where it meets the body, the paint has chipped and cracked a little at the lid carrier joint.
other than that....it's simply brilliant!!

Cheers

Davo

Adam, I am taking the plunge, it's been on order, I was concerned about the lid being scratched while moving in and out of the cradle. Thanks for your input, and everyone elses.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam B:
Terry,

I am 1 month into a new performer and love it! I have already upgraded to the cast iron grates which I have been very happy with. Take the plunge, you will not be disappointed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I picked up my Performer last August, no scratches from the cradle.

It is a treat to use, I would recommend one to anybody without hesitation.

Recieved my Performer last Wed. As of yet, the lid hasn't scratched moving in and out of the cradle, and I'm not very gentle. Thanks for reassuring me. This grill is exceeding my expectations, it is truely a work of art. That instant charcoal starter is slicker than cat sh-- on linoleum
icon_razz.gif
. Clean-up is a breeze. I just wish it was about 4" taller. Now if I can just find a full grate size 22.5 vegetable screen. Nothing fancy so far, just Delmonico's, Chicken, and Burgers. Also grilled some Shrimp, and fresh snapped Green Beans. Sorry no pics, just can't figure out how to use that option. Opened an account with Photobucket, and tried from there. Didn't work. Oh well ! I will sleep tonight
icon_wink.gif
Later folks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davo:
I tend to beleive that the paint coatings on the kettles over the past few years are not as robust as they were in the 90's, not so much for scratching but for staining.
I have a light SAGE GREEN Performer (Australian model) and I find that the paint has stained and I can't get a new shine back again even though I always store it in the garage when not being used.I'm concerned about using some auto light cut polish on it to bring the gleem back due to the heat it has to endure.
In regards to the lid holder carriage on the performers, I tend to think that the old lid carrier was better, you know...the ones that clipped over the edge of the kettle, it would go back further and not even touch the sides of the kettle, a much better system in some ways.
The bracket that holds the lid holder onto the kettle body towards the bottom where it meets the body, the paint has chipped and cracked a little at the lid carrier joint.
other than that....it's simply brilliant!!

Cheers

Davo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davo - I bought my Performer used and the lid had a ton of buildup on it. I used some auto/aluminum polish, and then wiped her down with Windex and she looked brand new. Didn't have any problems after the polish due to the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back