Performer Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelM USA

Any ideas on the best place to nab a new Performer?
I'm really desperate for one and the best I see is $300 delivered for the C&B green one (I am fine with the color). Anyone see anything better? Would you hold out for the possibility of the Platinum 22 with the built in therm and side tables?

Since the retail grilling season is coming to a close, you might be able to bargain for a floor model at Ace or HD. Upside, already assembled!

Michael,
Don't know what part of the country your in, but if can settle for a used one. They show up on CL from time to time, Usually for a pretty good price.

Good Luck with your search,

Def. worth the money. My wife just bought me one for my birthday; I've been looking for one for about a year now, only came up with a few on craigslist searching diligently. Most people either wanted 200 bucks or b/c of work I wasn't able to snag it before someone else did.

I've only cooked on mine twice so far (last night and tonight) but I already love it.

i say wait no longer, you will regret not getting it ASAP! I cant see me ever buying another grill other than a performer...

Originally posted by DAVIDMICHAEL:
i say wait no longer, you will regret not getting it ASAP!

I agree! Go get one now
icon_cool.gif
The Blue, green and black you usually can find for $300 delivered as well, esp towards the end of the season. Keep in mind the new 2010 models are coming out and it looks like there may be a red or the black one with the black table. Taken care of it will last MANY years so, make sure you get what you want.

Got mine for $50 at a yardsale. I had been looking for about a year and just ran across it. Someone bought it for them as a gift and they thought it was a gas grill so they sold it. Their loss was my gain.

Use it every day... love it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MichaelM:
Any ideas on the best place to nab a new Performer?
I'm really desperate for one and the best I see is $300 delivered for the C&B green one (I am fine with the color). Anyone see anything better? Would you hold out for the possibility of the Platinum 22 with the built in therm and side tables? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the C&B seems to be the lowest price BUT you probably will need to pay tax and shipping {or tax and pick it up}

I would suggest trying everybody in town that carries them to see about picking one up so they don't have to store it until next year, especially since they will be changed next year.

I found {ok it was posted here} a stainless performer 1998 vintage for $50. This bad boy was VERY clean, the cooking grill and the charcoal grills both have some good cooking gunk built up, far more than the unit looks like. but I replaced the cooking grill with the cast iron grill and the other does not matter.

I have the plastic tray on my 22 OTG and I really prefer the stainless performer so if you can find a used one in good shape it will be much cheaper and frankly I think a better product.

IF you really "NEED IT NOW" then try to find a local selling the floor sample or bite the bullet and either get the C&B or one off Amazon. {this may actually be cheaper when tax and shipping is added, depending on your location}

Performer from C&B came in yesterday. $306 delivered (delivery was $27, arrived in 2 days). Put it together in an hour...ready for a gameday cook this AM. Life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back