Performer Propane Igniter (whats needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil L.

TVWBB Member
i've had my performer for 4 years, but i have never used the propane igniter cause I've always just used a chimney..

to make it easier for my wife to use when i'm not home to cook, i thought i would hook up a propane canister..

but whats needed?

the only thing i see is the "HOSE" where i'm assuming it connects to a valve of some sort that connects to the canister? am i correct?

it look has a brass end, and a hole in the middle? dont i need anything else?

I think you just screw in a canister and you're ready. There should be a small black knob under the flap on the front panel, which you turn to let air flow to the burner. Hit the igniter button and you should have fire!

Phil,

If that doesn't work for you, take a picture and show us and the Performer owners can help you.

BTW, I use my chimney over the propane starter. I cut the propane in 5 minutes and I'm ready to dump ten minutes later.

What year is yoru performer ? You say you've had it 4 years, not sure if you bought it new.

On the newer models they use the small propane tanks, you just screw them in and light it.

As mentioned above, I throw my chimney on the propane starter for 5 minutes then cut it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back